Website Whole Foods Market- West Vancouer
Performs duties related to the daily production of preparing items for retail sale. This includes tasks such as breaking down and cutting meat and poultry to ensure quality control of finished product.
– Prepare meat for retail sale – to include handling, trimming, etc.
– Be aware of new products and their specifications
– Maintain high levels of efficiency and productivity
– Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules
– Adhere to daily production orders
– Wrap and store unused products in coolers
– Wash dishes, knives, and utensils
– Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
– Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
– This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
– Ability to work well within a team
– Follow established food safety procedures
– Know and practice proper lifting techniques
– Ability to learn safe and proper use of all equipment used in department.
– Ability to work well and communicate with others as a part of a team.
– Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
– Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
– Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and
below shoulders and squat.
– Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
– Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
– Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org