The Meat Industry and public health authorities both have important roles to play in helping to ensure that only safe food and drink are offered to the millions who patronize Canada’s large and important food preparation and food service industries. Government efforts alone are not enough. Operators have a moral and legal obligation to protect the health of customers and ensure that only safe food is available.
This Module covers Sanitation from a “Meat Industry’s” point-of-view.
Introduction of Sanitation Basics:
- A Co-operative Approach between Industry and Government
- Economic Impact on our society
- Consumer Expectations
- Effective Use of the Sanitation Code
- Sanitation, Definition and History
- Development of Legal Measures
- Regulatory Departments
- Prevention of Contamination in most meat operations
- Cleaning Materials
- Sanitation Procedures
- Microbiology and major Food-Borne Illnesses and their sources
- HACCP Controls