Meat Cutter (NOC 63201)
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and
hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice – to join our
Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit: https://www.cargill.ca/en/meat-processing
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! Cargill was name one of Canada’s Top 100
Employers for 2020. We currently have openings for permanent full-time experienced Meat
Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date
would be as soon as possible.
Applicants with less than 3 years of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training.
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job Start Date
As soon as possible
Wage Range is $19.25 – $27.45/hour as per the collective agreement.
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (3+ years of experience) is $20.50/hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 6 months of experience) is $19.25/hour.
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision,
Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to
fulfill production demands. Overtime is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Security & Safety
Basic security clearance
Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions
• Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard /
specialized cuts of meats using knives;
• Cutting, trimming, and preparing precise products in accordance with client
• Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health
and safety requirement as well as safe food handling practices
• Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company
• Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
• Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
• Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
• Performing repetitive tasks
• Fast paced environment
• Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous
standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves
regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
• Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noise.
• Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing to
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY EXPERIENCE
• Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
• High School education
• 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for
further added value)
• Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting
utensils and band saws.
• Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work under cold conditions
• Commitment to safety and food quality processes
• Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
• Attention to detail and work well with others
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
• Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
• Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
• Reliability/ Dependability
• Basic English communication skills
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with
the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their
needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human
Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply directly by following the link: https://careers.cargill.com/job/guelph/skilled-production-
To apply for this job email your details to Zachary_johnston@cargill.com