Website The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market for extraordinary food experiences.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a family business, founded in 2008 with a firm stance behind our motto ‘farm fresh, dirt cheap, delicious’ and a drive to brighten every customer’s day that has resulted in our little market becoming a bustling community hub, now providing Vancouver Island’s largest selection of local, organic, and conventional produce, a full service butcher and deli, a boutique florist and garden centre, artisanal grocery, dairy & breads, a bulk foods section and most recently a new coffee bar, bringing us to over 10,000 square feet, buzzing with over 120 employees.
We are looking for a Part-Time Meat Clerk to join our Chop Shop Team! Our Chop Shop Meat Market offers a high-quality selection of locally sourced fresh and cured meats, as well as delicious value-added items made in-house using the freshest ingredients from our store.
Our successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of duties, including the nightly cleaning and organization of the department, prepping ingredients for our many in-house products, and wrapping and rotating stock for our displays. If you are interested in learning the meat cutting trade, this position is an invaluable opportunity to work alongside our certified butchers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensure that product quality, freshness, and presentation meet our high standards
- Follow all workplace and food safety policies and procedures
- Clean floors, counters, work tables, trays and equipment
- Prepare, wrap, weigh, label and price a variety of meat & seafood products
- Stock displays to ensure adequate product levels in the department
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE:
- The ability to perform repetitive tasks, stand for long periods of time, work in a cool environment, and lift up to 50lbs.
- The ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a busy environment.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- Previous retail/customer service experience is an asset, but we are willing to train the right person with the right attitude!
- Provide superior customer service
- Be willing and available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends
We offer competitive compensation, robust benefits package, a positive work environment and a 20% discount on staff purchases.
If you are interested in joining a team committed to delivering the highest standards of service and quality, please submit your resume and cover letter to this posting.
*Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed*
We look forward to meeting you!